Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Walking The Path Of Merlin

Towards the latter half of last year I was guided by a dream to approach a particular gifted shamanic teacher to ask about being initiated into the Path of Merlin. I had only met this woman once, briefly, but knew of her reputation. I had the profound initiatory dream the night before I was booked in to do a days meditation session with her. Imagine my discomfort as I had to explain my dream and that I felt compelled to ask her and no one else for help. I risked that she labelled me a deluded wanabe, but instead she calmly informed me that she had only just recently thought to take on an apprentice to certain teachings that I spoke of and that she had been putting together a course of sorts for a while. Over the next few weeks we both had a quick succession of signs, for me sometimes ludicrous unmissable signs, that I was to be that pupil and she my guide.

The weird thing was, I had no interest particularly in Merlin's way until my calling and had absolutely no idea that this Grandmother Wolf Watching I'd been directed to tell about that calling had researched any of it at all, but it turns out that a better teacher could not be asked for.

So on Sunday 2nd of January I began what will be more than a years worth of learning at the feet of an excellent teacher. What an amazing way to kick off a new year. The Merlin architype was a shaman, prophet and magician of the highest order and is known to be a hard taskmaster. I am under no illusions of the committment this will exact from me. My first day was a twelve hour stint of note taking, journeying, dreamworking and some interdimensional forest stomping. Even within that first day we discovered that I've been on this path for a long time, there were signs in childhood and forgotten memories are beginning to unfurl and their relevance understood. The Path of Merlin lies dormant in me and in my heart burn's the Dragon Fire. It is apparently about to be reawoken.

I'm so excited, I can't even begin to describe it. I see the worlds with eyes more open than they've ever been and yet again my Metamorphosis Road has just turned an exhillerating corner into a whole new landscape. I can't wait for my next meeting with my mentor but till then I have been set tasks to complete within a moon. So I best get to it then.

The Dreadess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment