Sunday, 29 January 2012

Don't Keep Hitting That Snooze Button

"Those who don't feel this Love pulling them like a river, those who don't drink dawn like a cup of spring water or take in sunset like supper, those who don't want to change,let them sleep." said the poet Rumi a rather long time ago.

Sometimes the beauty in nature and the power of life move me so profoundly that I know I'm wide awake, other times I guess I can slip back in to dreaminess. I have been guilty at times of snoring into my own unconsciousness, drifting back into the world of internet and bills and shopping and housework and and clothes and friends and eating and stuff and stuff and blah and more stuff. It's not that it's not important, it's just that it's not the whole thing. That's the scenery on the stage. We just dream that we're the star in the show. We sleep on contentedly in the pillows we've arranged on set. If you don't want things to change, sleep on. Dream on. Don't let me disturb you. But ...

It is good to wake up and exit stage right, or left, what ever takes your fancy every now and then. Go and seek the playwright. Go, be inspired to create a few more acts. Wake up and smell the roses. I mean really sniff those roses. Burst forth with glee at the aliveness emanating from that place deep within. The place where Love flows, where Turner skies are imagined and the fragrance of flowers is magicked into existence. The Source.

The Dreadess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment