Sunday, 8 July 2012

Teach Me, Mother Earth

I found this the other day and as I really like it I thought I'd share.


Earth, Teach Me

Earth teach me quiet ~ as the grasses are still with new light.
Earth teach me suffering ~ as old stones suffer with memory.
Earth teach me humility ~ as blossoms are humble with beginning.
Earth teach me caring ~ as mothers nurture their young.
Earth teach me courage ~ as the tree that stands alone.
Earth teach me limitation ~ as the ant that crawls on the ground.
Earth teach me freedom ~ as the eagle that soars in the sky.
Earth teach me acceptance ~ as the leaves that die each fall.
Earth teach me renewal ~ as the seed that rises in the spring.
Earth teach me to forget myself ~ as melted snow forgets its life.
Earth teach me to remember kindness ~ as dry fields weep with rain.

~Ute Prayer


When Mother Earth quietly whispers her words of wisdom are we listening, treating each gentle utterance as a treasure ... or do we wait like a rebellious child until she rages, making us sit up and take notice. She teaches us good things. Good things for the soul, good things for the heart, good things for humanity. I'm listening ... I hope I'm learning.

The Dreadess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment