Wednesday, 17 April 2013

And We Flow ... As One

Yes I know it's been an age since I've posted, I've started so many times and still have drafts unfinished. It's been busy and hectic and I have so much to tell you, but in the meantime ...



Today as my moonbloods began to flow and the crone came to visit I sipped my rose tea in amongst piles of cushions, rose incense and womb wisdom books ... and the old shaman woman in me wrote this. I may tweak it later, but for now here it is ...


And we flow ... as one

In this sacred space, this body,
I AM wild woman, wise woman, priestess in this temple of mine
This house to the goddess of thirteen moons
The place where the eight winds blow beyond the here and now of time

And I flow ... this woman pours ... with life, love, creativity, tears and blood
And she flows ... this goddess force ... with life, love, moons and seasons into earth and mud
And we flow ... as one

The Vestal virgin flame is lit
With a clear and joyful eye I keep those maiden fires burning
I join Artemis with my arrows and my bow
Inspired and alert is my vigil till a new day is dawning

And I flow ... this woman pours ... with life, love, creativity, tears and blood
And she flows ... this goddess force ... with life, love, moons and seasons into earth and mud
And we flow ... as one

With mother love I open my arms,
My Isis heart wide, I want to feed you, to clothe you, to hold you
Cover you with kisses and whispers sweet
I will manifest your heart’s desire and make your dreams come true

And I flow ... this woman pours ... with life, love creativity, tears and blood
And she flows ... this goddess force ... with life, love, moons and seasons into earth and mud
And we flow ... as one

The empowerer steps forward
Her magic demands that Kali chants sing themselves in my skull
Sparks flying from my mind and fingertips
I am great snake woman, creating and destroying it all

And I flow ... this woman pours ... with life, love, creativity, tears and blood
And she flows ... this goddess force ... with life, love, moons and seasons into earth and mud
And we flow ... as one

The old woman comes to me
My ancestors beating their drums on my belly, my spine and my hips,
Summoning the knowing, the ache and the pain
Until the blood flows like a prophetic utterance from my lips

And I flow ... this woman pours ... with life, love, creativity, tears and blood
And she flows ... this goddess force ... with life, love, moons and seasons into earth and mud
And we flow ... as one

In this holy space, this body,
I AM wild woman, wise woman, priestess in this temple of mine
This house to the goddess of the sacred womb
The place where the moonlight glows beyond the here and now of time

And I flow ... this woman pours ... with life, love, creativity, tears and blood
And she flows ... this goddess force ... with life, love, moons and seasons into earth and mud
And we flow ... as one
And we flow ... as one
And we flow ... as one



The beautiful, and rather fitting, artwork above comes from the Temple of the Blood cd by Katherine Cunningham.

The Dreadess xx

3 comments:

  1. Stunning honey!! I love it! I would love to share it as an expression of Blood Art in my StarFire Online offering. Will be following

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about to order your cd ... I wouldn't have found your wonderful work and website if I hadn't been looking for an image. Looking forward to receiving it. I would be honoured to have you share my poem. Please could you link it to my website www.thedreadess.com and please if possible send me a link to where you share it. Thank you for sharing your insights and wisdoms with women ... many goddess blessings Hx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete